Finding a career path to take is challenging enough but to try and find a company whose values and passions are in line with your way of thinking is a whole different ball game.
Here at G&B we have an emphasis on team and it is vital to us that each member of our team feels valued and they have a bright future. We are a 2nd generation family run Electronic Manufacturing Sub-Contractor who specialise in the manufacturer of high end quality products across several sectors including Medical, Aerospace and Defence and Audio. Our Vision is to become the “UK’s manufacturing partner of choice” and to do this we need a team who is dedicated, passionate, hardworking, willing to learn but most importantly enjoy what they are doing.
To help us achieve our vision we are looking to recruit a talented and enthusiastic Production Engineer who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. The main tasks of the successful applicant will be:
- Operate the NPI/Manufacturing process ensuring DFM and DFT assessments are effective and the required approvals and standards are met.
- Bill of Material management (including part numbering, structuring and change management).
- Programing of production equipment such and pick and place machines.
- To create and maintain efficient, lean and easy to use manufacturing control folders ensuring manufacturing aids, equipment and SADS are available, effective and working to the expected standards
- To work within our teams to provide effective Labour costings and technical input to enable us to produce competitive quotations.
- To provide technical support including trouble shooting, problem solving etc.
Whether you are an established Production Engineer looking for your next challenge or an experienced operator looking for a new career this could be the job for you. The successful candidate will have an engineering background with a comprehensive understanding of PCB assembly production processes. They will be an effective problem solver and have the ability to read and understand Gerbers, SADS, Technical data, component datasheets and conversions. Along with a keen eye to detail a key skill for this role is effective communication both verbal and written as the role is customer facing.
If you are interested in this role please contact Kate Sharp on 01420 485241 or . STRICTLY NO AGENCIES