1. WHO WE ARE
G&B Electronic Designs Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under
company number 01552400 and our registered office is at 54 Woolmer Industrial Estate,
Bordon, Hampshire GU35 9QF.
G&B Electronic Designs Limited collects, uses and is responsible for processing certain
personal information about you. When we do so, we are regulated under the General Data
Protection Regulations (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 and we are responsible as “controller” of
that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
2. HOW WE MAY COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We obtain personal data about you, for example:
• When you request a quotation from us in respect of the goods or services we provide;
• When you or your employer or our customers orders goods or services from us;
• When you or your organisation offers to provide or provides goods or services to us;
• When you contact us by email, telephone, post or social media (for example when you
have a query about our goods or services, or seek employment opportunities from us);
• When you use, browse, make an enquiry or otherwise interact on our site.
3. INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER RESOURCES
We may receive personal data about you from third parties and/or publicly available
resources, for example, when we carry out credit checks in relation to providing our goods
and services, we use Companies House and analytics providers.
We also use recruitment and employment agencies when we are looking for new
employees and agency workers.
Where we do receive information about you from third parties, those third parties should
have told you (at the time you provided your data) that it may be shared with us.
4. THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
The information we hold about you may include the following:
• Contact information such as name, address, contact details (including telephone
number and email address), or personal data relating to other people within your
• Information to assist us with fulfilling a contract with you, whether as a supplier or
customer, for instance, payment details such as bank account number, or VAT
• When you use our site, the internet protocol address used to connect your computer to
the Internet, your operating system, browser type and version, full uniform resource
locator (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site, including date and time, pages
accessed, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain information
(such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from
• Other technical information when you visit our site, such as data from cookies and
• Next of kin information including name, address and contact details.
• Education and experience details.
5. HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
We will process your personal data for one of the following lawful grounds:
• Where it is necessary for the performance of a contract we are about to enter into,
or have entered into, with you or your employer;
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your
interests or fundamental rights do not override those interests;
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, court order or to
exercise or defend claims.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data
other than where you give us your contact details during a networking or similar event for
the purposes of business development of your or our businesses, and marketing. You have
the right to withdraw consent to receiving marketing communications from us at any time.
We use your personal information in the following ways:
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you or
your employer, and us;
• To provide you with information about other goods and services we provide that
may be of interest to you or your employer;
• To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
• To analyse and improve our services and communications to you and notify you of
any changes to our services;
• To help us administer, manage and protect the security of our IT and
communication systems, premises, online platforms, the site, and other systems
that prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other criminal or malicious
• For insurance purposes;
• For monitoring and assessing compliance with our policies and quality standards;
• For investigating and resolving actual and potential claims and complaints against
• To comply with court orders and to exercise and/or defend our rights;
• To ensure that our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your
computer, tablet or mobile telephone;
• To administer our site, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data
analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• To allow you to participate in the interactive features of our site, when you choose to
• To assist in determining your suitability with regard to employment opportunities
within the company; and
• To enable the company to carry out its core business activities.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we
collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting
(including regulatory) requirements, which includes investigating any legal claims that may
be made against us.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount,
nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use
or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data
and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal
Change of purpose
Where we need to use your personal data for another reason, other than for the purpose for
which we collected it, we will only use your personal data where that reason is compatible
with the original purpose.
Should it be necessary to use your personal data for a new purpose, we will notify you and
communicate the legal basis which allows us to do so before starting any new processing.
6. WHETHER INFORMATION HAS TO BE PROVIDED BY YOU, AND IF SO, WHY
The provision of certain personal data may be required from you in order for us to fulfil our
obligations under a contract between you or your employer, and ourselves. For example,
we may require personal data in order to make payment to you in return for work performed
for or to us, or goods or services provided to us, and to comply with our regulatory
obligations. We will inform you at the point of collecting the information from you whether
you are required to provide the information to us. If you are unable to provide the required
personal data, this could affect the necessary fulfilment of contractual arrangements or
prevent the company from complying with a legal obligation.
7. WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
We will share your personal data with third parties where we are required by law, where it is
necessary to administer the relationship between us or where we have another legitimate
interest in doing so.
We may share and disclose/or disclose your information with selected third parties
• Business partners, professional advisers, suppliers and sub-contractors for the
establishment or performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
• Service providers acting as processors based within the EEA and who provide IT and
system administration services to us, including payment processing;
• Any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority (including HM
Revenue & Customs) or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply
with a regulatory obligation or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights or any third
• Our insurers and any legal provider appointed by our insurers;
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and
optimisation of our site.
• Quality standards bodies.
• On a confidential basis, to business development consultants for the purposes of
collecting your feedback on the company’s services.
• If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal
data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in
accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your
personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data
for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
8. TRANSFERRING PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN
ECONOMIC AREA (EEA)
We will not transfer the personal data we collect about you outside of the EEA.
9. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to
prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an
unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to
those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to
know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to
a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will
notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally
required to do so.
10. YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE GDPR
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Should
your personal information change, please notify us of any changes of which we need to be
made aware by contacting us, using the contact details below.
Your rights in connection with personal data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to personal data held by us about you.
• Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
• Request us to erase personal data held by us about you where there is no lawful reason
to continue to process it or retain it.
• Object to processing of personal data held by us about you (including for the purposes
of sending marketing materials to you).
• Request the restriction of the future processing of personal data held by us about you.
• Right to withdraw consent, where we are relying on it to use your personal data.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, or have any questions about this Privacy
Notice or the information we hold about you, please email our data protection point of
contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Data Protection Team
G&B Electronic Designs Limited
54 Woolmer Industrial Estate
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other
rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly
unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such
In order to process your request, you will need to provide:
• Sufficient information to identity you, that is your name, address and contact details;
• Proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a
recent utility or credit card bill); and
• Sufficient explanation of your request relating to the rights set out above. and ensure
your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights).
11. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
This privacy notice was last updated in October 2018. We may change this Privacy Notice
from time to time to reflect any changes to the way in which we process your personal data
and to meet our legal requirements. Any such changes to the Privacy Notice will be
published on our website and will take effect as soon as they are posted.
12. HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that our Data Protection Team can resolve any query or concern you raise about
our use of your information.
The GDPR also gives you the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s
Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, at any time. The ICO
may be contacted at Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane,
Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF, telephone 0303 123 1113 and website
T: 01420 474188